Using Library Computers
The Alconbury library has high speed internet on all public computers and WiFi throughout the building. No reservation is required to use the library computers, but please sign in before doing so. The sign in sheet is located at the circulation desk.
Our computers have:
- Word for word processing
- Excel for spreadsheets
- Access for databases
- PowerPoint for presentations
- Windows XP
You can print from any of the library computers. Printing costs .10 per sheet.
Internet Access & Safe Surfing
Please note: we do have an Internet users policy which you will find on our computer screens. Other full policies on use are available in the library.
Guidelines for connecting you to safe surfing
- NEVER tell anyone you meet online your address, your telephone number or your school’s name
- NEVER send anyone your picture, credit card or bank details
- NEVER arrange to meet anyone without checking with your parent or carer. Make sure they go along with you to meet them.
- NEVER give your password to anyone – not even your best friend.
- NEVER stay in a chat room if someone says or writes something that worries you or makes you feel uncomfortable.
- Treat other people as you would like to be treated – don’t shout or get angry.Take care of younger children. Remember the library belongs to everyone, and that other people can see what you are looking at on the computer.