Human Resources Office
The Human Resources Office (HRO) is the operating office designated to administer the Non-Appropriated Fund (NAF) personnel system. We offer a variety of employment opportunities to the Alconbury/Molesworth community from food service, childcare, recreation and administrative support. We are dedicated to the full implementation of Federal laws mandating equality of opportunity for NAF employees. We are continually searching for qualified applicants to join our team. If you are looking for a rewarding employment opportunity while at Alconbury/Molesworth, check out the information below or go directly to https://www.nafjobs.org to browse current openings.
Alternatively, you can visit https://jobsearch.direct.gov.uk for Local National Direct Hire (LNDH) positions on base, or https://www.usajobs.gov to view Government Service (GS) positions on base.
We have two types of NAF positions: "flexible" and "regular." Flexible employees have work schedules that depend on the needs of the activity. These employees may work a minimum of zero hours to a maximum of 40 hours per week, and do not receive benefits. Regular employees work between 20 and 40 hours a week depending on position requirements, and are entitled to receive benefits.
Preferences are advantages in the candidates selection process.
Candidate with preferences are considered in the order listed. Then all other applicants are considered.
Definitions for all classifications can be found at NAFJobs.
• Military Spouse Preference
• Transition Hiring Preference
• Family Member Preference
• Off Duty Military Preference
• Veteran’s Preference
To be eligible for US NAF employment with the 423d Force Support Squadron, you must meet the following criteria:
• A citizen of the US or a citizen of any other NATO* contracting party other than UK **, connected with US federal government, assigned to the vicinity of Alconbury
• An active duty military member
• A Federal civilian employee
• Dependents of active duty military members or civilian employees (spouse, unmarried dependent children, including stepchildren, adopted children, and foster children not more than 23 years of age residing with a member of the U.S. Armed Forces or a U.S. citizen civilian employee of a U.S. Government Agency, including NAF activities whose duty station is in a foreign area). Must possess a US passport and not be an "Ordinary Resident."
A person is not considered ordinarily resident if they have resided in the UK for 366 days or less
• Time spent in the UK as a member of the US Visiting Force or as a US Government employee or as a dependent of either is not counted toward becoming ordinarily resident
• Time spent in the UK as an employee (or dependent of an employee) of a US agency serving with and supporting the US Visiting Force, i.e. Red Cross, one of the contract universities, a military banking facility or federal credit union, or by a US Government contractor as a “technical representative” is not counted toward becoming an ordinary resident
* NATO Countries: Albania, Czech Rep, Greece, Lithuania, Portugal, Turkey, Belgium, Denmark, Hungary, Luxembourg, Romania, United Kingdom, Bulgaria, Estonia, Iceland, Netherlands, Slovakia, United States, Canada, France, Italy, Norway, Slovenia, Croatia, Germany, Latvia, Poland, Spain.
** United Kingdom –eligible if you are dual US/UK national and traveling on US passport (if selected for a position, this will affect your UK citizenship and component entitlements). References: - Status of Forces Agreement, Article I - AFMAN 34-310, Non appropriated Fund Personnel Program Management and Administration Procedures - Third Air Force Instruction 36-102, US Forces Civilian Component Determination in the United Kingdom
To apply for a NAF job at Alconbury or Molesworth, applicants must go to NAFJobs and create a free profile that includes work background, military experience and education. Applicants may also upload a resume and other supporting documentation. Only after a profile is created is an applicant able to apply.
To search for a vacancy, select “Alconbury” or “Molesworth” from the drop-down box and select “GO”. Once a vacancy is identified for which you would like to apply, select “View” to read the full job details or “Apply” to submit an online application to the NAF HR.
The applicant can check the status of their application under the “My Applications” tab within their account. If you have any questions please call the HR Office.